Used Commercial Air Compressors For Sale
Shop Our Brands
Benefits of Buying Used Commercial Air Compressors For Sale
Pre-owned pieces of equipment have many benefits as opposed to renting it on an as-needed basis. The rule of thumb in the industry is if you rent a machine more than 12 weeks a year you are better off purchasing a good pre-owned piece of equipment. By purchasing this equipment from a reputable dealer you are sure to have things in working order. You will also have immediate access to the unit if you purchase it. This can be very helpful when you need the unit right away. Don’t spend the extra money on renting or buying a new air compressor when there are plenty of good used ones for sale. Check out our selection or contact us today to see our used commercial air compressors that can fit your needs.
We have been actively Supplying Portable Diesel Air Compressors and Construction Equipment to over 15,000 Customers Domestically and Internationally for the past 43 years. References are available upon request.
Request More Information
Find Used Commercial Air Compressors For Sale
With the advancement of science and technology, compressors and its types, have played myriad roles in the construction of refrigerators, pumping machines, and in many other construction projects too. What is actually a compressor and how does it work, is still however a question in the minds of thousands of people. A compressor is basically a device which increases the pressure of a gas (generally air) by reducing the volume of the respective gas or fluid inside it. Among the different types of compressors we see commonly, the air compressor is of utmost importance. An air compressor is a mechanical tool that sucks in air at the atmospheric pressure level and supplies it at a higher pressure level by internally compressing the air. This machine runs on power that is usually drawn from an electric motor or a gasoline engine. We carry a wide variety of industrial compressors here at CFM PSI Air Compressors.
Methods of air compression
There are several methods to compress the air. Two basic categories of our used commercial air compressors for sale are involved for the purpose of the same. These are the:
- POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT AIR COMPRESSOR: the positive displacement air compressor works by forcefully putting air into a chamber which already has a reduced volume to accelerate the process of compression. The compressor which uses a piston to compress the air works on the basis of pumping air in the chamber via the continuous motion of the piston. The rotary screw compressors work by matching two helical shaped screws, which once turned pushes air into the chamber and finally, the volume of the air is reduced with the help of these screws.
- NEGATIVE DISPLACEMENT AIR COMPRESSORS: these are typically centrifugal compressors. They use the centrifugal force which is produced by a spinning impeller to speed up and then eventually speed down the captured air, that in turn pressurizes it.
Types of air compressors
The variety of air compressors can be classified under the following broad heads:
- BASED ON THE OPERATION PRINCIPLE: These are the
- POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT COMPRESSORS
- ROTO-DYNAMIC COMPRESSORS
- NEGATIVE DISPLACEMENT COMPRESSORS
The positive displacement compressors can be further subdivided into rotary compressors and reciprocating compressors.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding our used commercial air compressors for sale. We will promptly answer all inquiries.
The reciprocating compressors again can be divided into:
- In-line reciprocating compressors
- V-shaped compressors
- Tandem piston compressors
- Single acting compressors
- Double acting Compressors
- Diaphragm compressors
The rotary screw air compressors can be classified into:
- Screw compressors
- Vane type compressors
- Lobe and scroll compressors
The roto-dynamic compressors have:
- Centrifugal compressors
- Axial flow compressors
- BASED ON THE ASPECTS OF:
- The number of stages; such as the single, multi-staged compressors.
- The cooling technique and medium used; like the oil, water, and air-cooled compressors.
- Types of drives; such as the engine driven ones.
- Lubrication methods
- Service pressure viz; the low, medium, high.
The various used commercial air compressors for sale/manufacturing companies not only have served mankind from the very time these were invented but have also employed millions of young unemployed men to help them secure their future.